Frank Mills Classic
3-on-3 Men’s Basketball Tournament
Saturday, August 12, 2023.
Saturday, August 12, 2023
Registration Begins at 8:00 a.m.
On Saturday, August 12, 3–4-man teams will get to compete in a double-elimination basketball tournament. T-shirts and lunch will be provided for all, along with prizes for the top teams.
All proceeds will benefit the Lapel Optimist Club in honor of Frank and his love his family, his church, and his community
- 4 players max per roster
- Ages 16+
- $50 per team
- Double elimination tournament with court monitors
- Bracket limited to 32 teams
How to Participate
- Fill out a team registration form
- Every player must fill out a waiver at check-in before the tournament.
- Payment is due at check-in.
8:00 – registration opens, warm up
Each team must check-in to confirm their spot in the bracket
9:30 – Tournament begins
12:00 – Break for lunch
1:00 – tournament resumes
4:00-5:00 – championship, awards
- Each game will be decided by first to score 15 points or 15 minutes long. The team must win by 2 points. Inside the 3-point line scores 1 point, outside scores 2 points
- After a basket has been scored or a foul called, a player must check the ball in play from a line past the 3-point line above the foul key.
- On defensive rebounds or steals, players must return the ball by dribble or pass across the 3-point line before a basket may be attempted. After a basket, the team scored upon will put the ball in play.
- Fouls will be called by players. A court monitor will be assigned to each game. No overly aggressive play or fighting will be tolerated. Each team gets one warning, after that you will be asked to forfeit game.
- The 3-second rule will apply to all offensive players.
- Substitutions may be made after a basket or an out of bounds play.
- Each team is only allowed one 30-second timeout
- If the game ends in a tie after regulation time there will be a one minute overtime period. Possession will be determined by the home team shooting for the ball.